#1 Thing You Need to Know about West Chester Library Story Time

Story time at the West Chester library is a joy in its simplicity. Stories, rhymes, songs with hand motions and shaky eggs are all handled with a loving calmness that’s soothing to both parent and child. So it’s no wonder it’s hard as hell to get into.     Every six week the library opens registration Continue reading #1 Thing You Need to Know about West Chester Library Story Time

Everhart Park: A Picture Perfect Park

Everhart Park Vibe:  Home to 433 trees, a babbling stream and a litany of wildflowers, Everhart is a pretty park known to photographers the county over. It has served as the backdrop to countless family, engagement, wedding and group prom photos – but Everhart is more than a pretty face.  On any given Sunday (or Continue reading Everhart Park: A Picture Perfect Park

9 Things You Can Do at the Library Besides Read

I noticed it a year or so ago, an article on a trend in libraries to let members borrow things that are not books or do things not related to reading. Then this winter Philadelphia Magazine did a story on it. Then as I was heading underground at the West Chester Public Library seeking out Continue reading 9 Things You Can Do at the Library Besides Read

What Happens When the County Sprays for Mosquitoes?

After weeks of elevated mosquito levels and more confirmed West Nile Virus positives, the Chester County Health Department has scheduled a spray to take place on Thursday August 16 from 8 pm to 11:30 pm. For the latest on the current spray including maps – go here. The County considers spraying an action of last Continue reading What Happens When the County Sprays for Mosquitoes?

How to Pay a Parking Ticket on the New Borough Website

In honor of the new Borough website, I’ve decided to test the functionality and ease of navigation by attempting to pay a parking ticket. (This is not an entirely altruistic endeavor.) Actually on first glance the new site looks much like the old site – the image is a little larger but traffic alerts are Continue reading How to Pay a Parking Ticket on the New Borough Website